Below is a suggested guide for our daily prayer for GBC missions andmissionaries:
• Sunday - Spiritual Life: Daily discipline in Scripture reading and prayer. Encouragement, fellowship, integrity, reliability.
• Monday - Personal Life: Marriage & family relationships … Maintaining contact with family back home. Friendships with nationals in host country, including health, strength and protection.
• Tuesday - Communication: Progress in language study. Cultural adaptation with clarity in preaching and teaching.
• Wednesday - Relationships: Harmonious relationships with other Christians. Connections with supporters/sending churches.
• Thursday - Evangelism: For godly, sensitive, Spirit-led ministry. For hungry hearts leading to the establishing of the church and national missions.
• Friday - Discipleship: For patience and empathy. For the encouragement of new believers, where they are equipped and trained in wisdom and discernment.
• Saturday - Their country: For those in authority. Especially for the politics and cultural openness to the gospel…that God’s people might have favor with officials, grace and integrity with visa renewals and work permits.
Consider also praying for the GBC family in the same way as a missionary church here in Southeastern Connecticut.
Jesus prays for His disciples: “Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world… “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one - I tin home and you in me - so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me…’ [John 17]