Prayer focus this week is “GBC Ministry Opportunities”. The GBC website details many ongoing ministries and some that are particular to this time of year. The following are some of the ways the GBC family can get involved in extending God’s grace to those in need ... both locally and beyond. • Malta ministry to the homeless in our area - particularly helpful would be the donation of new underwear. See the blue basket under the missions board in the Fellowship Hall.
• Safe Futures for Women and Children - this program desires donations of clothing, bedding, bath, and personal items and is collected at the Wednesday Morning Women’s Bible Study.
• Haiti Missions Trip - the team is collecting reading glasses for distribution in a variety of venues next month during their trip and at the Pastor’s Conference.
• GBC Thanksgiving Basket Program collects food, assembles “baskets” and distributes these items to those in need in our church family and in the local community... (cf. announcements for details) Additionally, our Wednesday Awana clubs are encouraging children to bring canned goods for these “baskets”.
• Project Share Christmas ministers to less fortunate families. (Christmas tree with “Angels” will be available in the Fellowship Hall after the Thanksgiving holidays).
• Samaritan’s Purse “Shoebox Gifts” from November 16-23 - Our youth are encouraged to fill shoeboxes for children around the world.
Ask God that these “gifts” and these efforts will help people get a glimpse of God’s glory as seen through His local body (i.e. GBC) and via the larger and more universal Church of Jesus Christ. As you prepare to give, ask God to fulfill and reveal the truth of John’s encouragement to the Christ-followers of the 1st century... “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us...Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth."