Our next Haiti team heads out on March 4th. We’ll be spending half of our time in the village of Wangouman and half in Pignon at the Lucien compound. In Wangouman, we’ll work on finishing the church construction and offering mobile medical clinics. In Pignon we’ll hold more mobile medical outreaches.
Items of Praise
1. We’ve been given a grant of $3,000 and a gift of $800 toward creating a “lab” at the clinic in Pignon. The idea is simple. The lab will allow Dr. Stanley (clinic physician) to better diagnose patient’s needs. It will also create some income for the clinic—an important step toward becoming self-sufficient.
2. We’ve been gifted $2000 to help pay for the medicines needed for the upcoming trip—an incredible blessing.
3. We’ve purchased 702 water filters for $7520. We have enough money in the “Water” fund to buy in-country about a third of the buckets for the filters.
4. We’ve already sent $1500 to Haiti to start the cement work needed to finish the Wangouman church: housing for the well, stucco on the walls, and a cement floor.
Items of Prayer
1. For our team’s safety, health, and stamina.
2. For relationships within the team and with our Haitian partners. Pray for singleness of purpose. May we see God first in all we do.
3. For the resources to finish the work at Wangouman. We currently need an additional $4500 for the cement work, wood for window shutters, and metal doors. If possible, we’d also love to build benches for the church.
We think it’s important to finish the work God has called us to do, and we’d love to have your prayers and financial support as God directs. You may designate a gift to Missions Special Project: Haiti.