Be a “missionary” in your family. As follow up on our series on parenting, the library has these books to suggest:
1. The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller with Kathy Keller. The Kellers show everyone—Christians, skeptics, singles, longtime married couples, and those about to be engaged—the vision of Biblical marriage.
2. Grace Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel. Kimmel writes, “Grace based parenting at its heart is parenting our kids the way God, through Jesus, has been a parent to us, His children.”
3. Grace Based Discipline: How to Be at Your Best When Your Kids Are At Their Worst - By Karis Kimmel Murray. Karis shares stories of trial and triumph straight from the trenches of parenting.
4. The Smart Stepfamily: Seven Steps to a Healthy Family by Ron Deal. Deal reveals seven fundamental steps and practical solutions for blended family success.
5. The Smart Stepfamily Marriage: Keys to Success in the Blended Family by Ron Deal and David Olson. Deal and Olson help you build on your relationship strengths and improve your weaknesses.
6. Child of Divorce, Child of God A Journey of Hope and Healing by Kristine Steakley. Steakley chronicles the emotional and spiritual challenges facing adult children of divorce. She tells her own story of abandonment and estrangement with all the attendant questions of trust, self-worth and identity.
7. If I Tell You I’m Gay, Will You Still Love Me? By Ann Mobley. Mobley shares the mercy and faithfulness of God in providing guidance for the unexpected journey of her son telling her he is gay.
8. God’s Design for Sex Series by Stan and Brenna Jones. These illustrated books give you age-appropriate, biblically-based information to help you talk openly with your children about sex and answer their questions about God’s design for families.