Learn more about the RENEW campaign by watching this short introduction.
View a collection of conceptual designs of the proposed new sanctuary and commons area.
"See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland."
- Isaiah 43:19
RENEW begins with individual lives that experience the life-change that the Gospel brings.
God is calling us to RENEW- being a church that brings the Gospel to the lost by enfolding the hurting and the broken.
God is calling us to RENEW- being a church that does the work of equipping believers, challenging them to new seasons of growth.
God is calling us to RENEW- being a church that is known for encouraging smaller churches in our area as well as our town and local community.
• In the 1920’s and 30’s we were a new church- largely a ministry to children.
• In the 1940’s and 50’s we were a family church- growing and seeing renewal In the 1960’s, 70’s and 80’s we were a neighborhood church expanding into new facilities on a new site.
• In the 1990’s and 2000’s we became a regional church- established and poised for an opportunity to RENEW that we never could have anticipated.
Over the last several years, God has led GBC on a journey through leadership transition, building and grounds renovation, and temporary adaptation (overflow space and igloos), to the edge of campus expansion. We have experienced the acceleration of some changes, and the delay of others. We have seen a convergence of a largely new leadership team. This includes the Elders, Staff, Corporation, and the new Building Committee. All of this has happened at the very same time that we are entering a season in which to RENEW our facilities through expansion.
We believe that this is not coincidence!
God has provided opportunity for us in two ways:
- Expand our current campus through the completion of the building project.
- Increase exponentially the redemptive effect of GBC’s ministry.
HOW DOES THIS PROJECT DO THAT?
- More will COME, being loved, convicted- renewed through the saving of the Gospel.
- More will STAY, being taught, discipled- renewed through the sanctifying of the Gospel.
- More will GO, being convicted, empowered- renewed through the sending of the Gospel.
We've collected some of the most frequently asked questions and answered them in depth in this document. Please browse through what we've written! If you have questions that haven't been answered, please get in touch with one of the staff. We would be happy to address your questions and concerns.
As GBC embarks on what God would have for us in the future, let's recall how we've gotten here and remember all the ways that God has been and continues to be faithful to us. How can we be vessels of his service here in our church, our community, and our world?